I hope your child is ready for an exciting school year! Please know that I treasure every day that you trust me with teach your precious child. I understand how hard it is to let go and put your trust in someone else! Trust me. I have your child's best interest at heart and hope that they have a great year. Remember, you are the expert on your child! We are going to be a team this year to ensure your child reaches their goals.
2nd Grade Content/ Instruction
How do I take apart and recombine numbers in a variety of ways in order to find the sum?
How can using number relationships help me solve two-digit addition and subtraction problems?
How can I identify and use the properties of addition to help add three or more numbers?
How can making groups of ten help me to add and subtract numbers fluently?
How can we create and represent addition and subtraction word problems?
What strategies can we use to solve two digit addition and subtraction word problems?
How do I know when a sum or difference is reasonable?
Vocabulary: open number line, number line, unknown, addition, sum, subtraction, difference, two-digit, mental math, algorithm, reasonable
How do we connect with the author/poet when reading a poem?
How are poems supposed to be read? Why?
How does the craft of a poem impact what an author is trying to express?
How do we use revising and editing strategies to create a final draft of our own writing ready for publishing?
poet, rhyme, rhythm, repetition, imagery, alliteration, visualize, infer, sensory language, imagery, figurative language, literal language, descriptive language
Model writing poetry utilizing mentor texts, teacher writing, and what students are learning in reading regarding rhyming, alliteration, and repetition.
Students will write poems using what they are learning about poetry in reading.
- Drafting Using Elements of Poetry and Organizing Ideas
- Revising Integrating Sensory Details and Conferencing
- Editing Peer Proofreading and Conferencing
- Publish and Share
Handwriting Without Tears Cursive
Words Their Way Spelling/ Phonics: Buddy Sorts, Speed Sorts, Sort and Record, Draw and Label, Scramble letters, write sentences, use dictionary to define two chosen words, rhyming words, sort and glue
- Spelling Test is Friday 11/15
2019 BOO BASH Online Auction
Click here to register for the Online Silent Auction
You must register to bid on the following catalog of items available only online:
1. Teacher and Staff Experiences: Bid on fun one on one activities designed to create special moments with your student, a friend of choice and your favorite teacher or staff member: Librarian for a Day, Alphabet Parade Grand Marshall, Movie days and more
2. Program and WCES Event Parking: Hate parking miles away on program or a school event? Bid on premier parking spaces!
3. Program and WCES Event VIP Seating: Want to be up close for that program? Purchase reserved seating and viewing options for WCES events
4. PAW: Pick up privileges. Hate waiting in the car rider line? Have your child escorted out to the front of the school and into your car.
Online Auction opens at 8am on Wednesday October 23rd. The auction will close Sunday October 27th at 10PM*
*Any item that is bid within 5 minutes of closing time will automatically extend the bidding time for that item for 10 additional minutes.
Boo Bash Live Silent Auction
Come see the many wonderful items and baskets up for bid the night of Boo Bash: Jewelry, Signed Astros Memorabilia, Spa Days, and much much more!
Bidding will begin October 26th in the gym at 5pm and end at 8:30pm.
Winners are not required to be present to win. They will be contacted via text message.